FOID Application Assistance
A FOID (Firearm Owners Identification) card is required to purchase and possess firearms and ammunition in Illinois. We are happy to assist you in preparing and submitting your application to the Illinois State Police. In past years, the application used to be a paper form. Currently, the paper applications are obsolete and the ISP only accepts electronic applications. Our FOID application service consists of the following:
- Creating a User Registration for the applicant
- Assisting in the completion of the application
- Providing a photograph for the application
- Providing payment (with applicant’s credit/debit card) and submittal of the application
What You Will Need
The items below are applicable for most individuals. Please contact us if you have any questions prior to your appointment.
- Credit or Debit Card (this will be used for payment directly to the Illinois State Police)
- Valid Illinois Drivers License or State ID
- $20 processing fee for The Gun Doctor
(Potentially Required Items)
- Illinois State Police Login Information
- If you are a minor applicant (less than 21 years of age) please download and complete the Parent/Legal Guardian Affidavit which can be found on the Illinois State Police website.
This affidavit will need to be notarized prior to your appointment visit at our store.
- If you are not a US citizen, please bring your Permanent Resident Card.
- If you have had a FOID card in the past, please bring this with you.